Richland County Recycling
The Richland County Recycling Committee…
In Wisconsin, you cannot put many recyclable or compostable items in the trash. Wisconsin’s recycling law bans the landfilling or incineration of these materials to conserve valuable resources. These disposal bans went into effect in several stages, beginning in the 1990s. Two new bans took effect in 2010 and 2011, covering electronics and used oil filters. Note that some local ordinances may require additional materials to be recycled.
Recyclable materials banned from disposal in Wisconsin
Paper, cardboard and containers
- Aluminum containers
- Bi-metal containers (i.e. containers made from a combination of steel and aluminum)
- Corrugated cardboard or other containerboard
- Glass containers
- Magazines and other materials printed on similar paper
- Newspaper and other materials printed on newsprint
- Office paper
- Plastic containers #1 & #2 milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, soda and water bottles, etc.
- Steel containers (tin cans)
For information on what to Recycle please see the DNR website: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Recycling/Banned.html
May 7th, 2022 Tire & Electronic Recycling Event Flyer: Tire & Recycling Event Flyer
More information to come. Thank you for your continued patience!
If you have questions please contact us!