Ag & Household Clean Sweep
Coordinated by the Richland County Fair & Recycling Office and Veolia North America
Clean Sweep is a limited time collection of unwanted, unused or damaged agricultural or household hazardous wastes and pharmaceu-ticals. This program collects, treats, stores, or disposes of waste in an environmentally safe method through a licensed hazardous waste facility. Hazardous wastes can usually be identified by products labels which contain any of the following words: Caution, Warning, Danger, Poison, Toxic, Ignitable or Flammable, Acid, Corrosive or Reactive.
Update – 2019 date coming soon
Who Can Participate
- All residents of any county are eligible to participate
- Farms, schools and businesses need to pre-register.
- Household Clean Sweep Items must be taken to location given at those times given.
Location & Time
Richland County Highway Shop
120 Bowen Drive Richland Center, WIEvent Time: 9am – Noon Farm, Household, School & Small Business
Chemical Inventory Form
Clean Sweep Guidelines
- Farms & households may bring any amount of hazardous waste for free disposal.
- Small Business & Schools must contact Veolia with completed inventory list.
- Materials should be properly identified with their original labels.
- DO NOT MIX materials together. Doing so can be extremely dangerous!
- Pack materials for your safety. Place materials in a cardboard box lined with a plastic bag. Separate each product with a folded newspaper.
- If a container is leaking, put it into a secondary leak-proof container.
- Pack containers in the trunk of your vehicle, away from the driver, passengers and pets.
- Unknown materials can be brought in, but Rich-land County and its hazardous waste disposal contractor reserve the right to refuse any material.
- NEVER LEAVE HAZARDOUS WASTES AT ANY LOCATION. ABANDONING HAZARDOUS WASTES, EVEN FROM HOUSEHOLDS, IS A STATE & FEDERAL OFFENSE